EXata Network Emulation Software
Digital Twin Technology for Development, Analysis, Testing and Cyber Assessment
The EXata network emulator allows the user to create a network digital twin, for real-time network simulation and emulation that replicates the behavior of a network. The emulator provides an exact, high quality, reproduction of external behavior so that the emulated system is indistinguishable from the real system. Network Emulation software provides a cost-effective method of evaluating new network technologies before actual systems or networks are built.
EXata uses a software virtual network (SVN) to digitally represent the entire network, the various protocol layers, antennas, and devices. The system can interoperate, at one or more protocol layers, with real radios and devices to provide hardware-in-the-loop capabilities. EXata can also be connected to systems with real applications, which run on the SVN just as they would run on real networks.
Network emulation software helps in developing a net-centric system by providing an environment in which design decisions can be easily changed and their impact evaluated. Customers of the net-centric system can use the emulated network and see how their applications (such as VoIP, situational awareness, sensor data, and streaming video) will perform when the real system is built. The emulated network can also be integrated with legacy systems to test interoperability and be used to train users on the next generation networks.
- Design and optimize networks
- Perform capacity simulations and predictions
- Compare device designs early in the decision process
- Evaluate network performance with live applications
- Develop disaster response protocols
- Assess equipment scalability
- Analyze the performance of networks and perform “what-if” analyses
- Train with the network before it is ready to be deployed
The addition of the Cyber Library allows you to evaluate communications models for their resiliency or vulnerability to cyber attack using our computer networking simulation software.
SCALABLE’s 5G Model Library includes high-fidelity models to help evaluate the performance and behavior of 5G cellular networks and support the enhanced Mobile Broadband (eMBB) functionality of the 5G standard.
What’s New in EXata 7.3
The webinar will introduce EXata 7.3, featuring Experiment Designer, our latest addition to the network digital twin eco-system, a web-based module to simplify management of experiments.
- Experiment Designer, a web-based application where the user can create experiments using our network model library components, covering a wide range of options for terrain, traffic, weather, protocols, etc.
- Expansion on our 5G model library capabilities to ensure the reliability, resilience, and security of networks
- Enhanced cyber modeling capabilities that include a GUI-based editor to specify cyber missions, expanded library of historical attacks, and new attacks that include phishing, ransomware, and data-stealing attacks in host model
Explore the Latest Analysis Tools
New capability that plots graphs and uses external terrain service (Cesium) to integrate geographic information with simulation
Scenario Analyzer Heat Mapping
Visualization capability to represent signal coverage
EXata Key Capabilities
- Scalability to thousands of nodes enables more sophisticated design and analysis
- Real-time simulation optimizes productivity
- High-fidelity models deliver accurate results
- Cost-effective “lab-based risk reduction” network simulation technology provides solutions to mission-critical, business-critical problems
- System-in-the-Loop emulation interface allows efficient equipment and applications testing
- Cyber library enables cyber assessment for risk management and response planning
What Makes the EXata Platform Unique?
- Integration with live equipment: EXata virtual network models can be seamlessly integrated with physical
equipment such as servers, computers, radios, and sensors (as well as a full network environment) to test and validate interoperability, scalability, and performance.
- Integration with live applications: Live applications (such as VoIP, chat, video feeds, file transfers, and database queries) can be run across the simulated virtual network to accurately analyze behavior under different network conditions.
- Interaction with packet sniffers: EXata supports a packet sniffer interface to enable capture and analysis of network traffic using standard packet sniffer/analysis tools like Wireshark.
- Interaction with SNMP managers: EXata virtual network models can be monitored using standard SNMP network managers from companies such as Hewlett-Packard, IBM, and SolarWinds
Creating Network Digital Twins
Network digital twins can create a virtual representation of the trains’ communication network to accurately models the devices, communication links, operating environment, and applications running on the network.
New Techniques for High-Fidelity Modeling and Simulation in 5G Mobile Network Environments
The blog also delves into how this increasing pressure on standardization has brought to light the need for modeling and simulation platforms in 5G networks to assist with cyber situational awareness, proficiency training, and network analysis.
Command PE: Enhancing Wargaming Fidelity with Network Digital Twins
Wargames must incorporate real-world cyber, communications, and networking effects to support the development of effective operating concepts, capabilities, and plans.
Increasing Wireless Network Simulation Fidelity Through Accurate Physical Layer Modeling
EXata address the challenge of achieving fast simulation speed, without compromising the accuracy of results, for at-scale, high-fidelity wireless networks.
Get cutting-edge industry information. Access the entire library for additional resources.
Accurate Physical Layer Modeling for Network Simulation
Increasing wireless network simulation fidelity through accurate physical layer modeling to simulate real-world wireless networks, using physical layer models that reflect the physical network.
Automated Creation of Network Digital Twins
Digital Twins can be used for analysis which can provide insights and actionable information to improve the process or product in terms of optimized performance, cost-effectiveness, readiness, or maintenance.
Modeling and Analyzing Enterprise Networks Using EXata
Simulation of enterprise networks offers an efficient, cost-effective way to assess how a network will behave under different operating conditions and prevent cyber threats
Key Features of EXata
Real Time Emulator
Network Digital Twin
Commercial enterprises, educational institutions, and governmental organizations around the world all depend on reliable, effective networks to deliver business-critical, mission-critical communications, and information. SCALABLE maintains a highly experienced group of technical professionals to support customers and projects of any scale and solve challenging problems with our advanced network digital twin technology.